Boots for Everyone! (And other European Trends)

Upon my return from a whirlwind Euro trip I have taken note of various cultural happenings and tendencies:

In the majestic country of Belgium they have changed the French word for seventy! So here in Canada we say "soixante-dix" which translate to "sixty-ten". It is, admittedly, ludicrous, but is it hard to argue with your French math teacher in a language that isn't English. So the best and brightest minds in French speaking Belgium (and Switzerland too I'm told) have unilaterally changed "soixante-dix" to the more logical "septante". I discovered this in a book store where I was buying French tabloids (for Lauren obvi). The total came to 3,70 Euros (for 3 magazines, cheap i know!!) and after I asked the cashier to repeat twice, I briskly handed him a fiver and waited for change. Anyway, I inquired later with some locals and turns out the whole country says "septante" now, they also changed ninety ("quatrevingt-dix") to "nonante". Big stuff.

What I also took away from my travels is that every female in Europe wears boots exclusively this time of year. I felt utterly obtus in my Converse when I clearly should have been wearing caramel brown knee high riding boots.

Now, I know what you're thinking: boots on ladies is plentiful here in North America. But I will stridently tell you, it is not quite so prevalent. My note was also endorsed by a friend's mother who also visited Europe recently and remarked on the same phenomen. There you have it, TWO opinions are better than one.

Ok, I've really worked myself up now.

If you wanna be like the Europeans (who doesn't?) than what you have to ask yourself is a) what is your boot budget? b) what is your boot style preference?

Here are some options for those of you too lazy to do your own research!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...