The Call: Aftermath

Once upon a time BSBs' AJ McClean really wanted to tell us about a phone call that “changed his destiny” and, don’t lie, you’ve waited 12 years to truly find out how. Well the day has come; this week the Backstreet Boys released a catchy new heartbreak tune called “One Phone Call.” In our humble opinion this is a straight up sequel to the 2001 hit “The Call” and we couldn’t be more intrigued.

In case you need refreshing: in 2001 AJ McClean put on his finest leathers and favorite handkerchief and went to a happening, laser filled nightclub.

While there he called his girlfriend and the following, shocking conversation was had:

Girl: Hello?

AJ: Hi it's me what's up baby? I'm sorry listen I'm gonna be late tonight so don't stay up and wait for me ok?

Girl: Where are you?

AJ: What? say... say that again

Girl: Hello?

AJ: You're really dropping out, I think my battery must be low*. Listen if you can hear me we're going to this place nearby, all right? Gotta go.

*Homeboy could have really used a charger pack.

Naturally we all hypothesized about what happened with this relationship: did he cheat? What exactly happened at the place nearby? Did that lady-mask that Howie D wore help to cover his buddy's tracks? Well folks here is the jarring truth:


"I'm gonna leave my message at the tone / Begging pretty baby come home / 'Cause you're my one, always be my one phone call."


O-M-G. Clearly they DID break up and talk about regret. Clearly someone is still lamenting that fateful evening! Feeling alone and unforgiven. Calling everyday, haunted by blame, comparing life to a prison sentence, always hoping for a "call." Surprising that she never changed her number...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...