Morning After: Golden Globes

The Hollywood A-List dressed to impress last night as they gathered at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, to drink free Moet and hand out Golden Globes in honour of the best film and television of the year. Conversely, I gathered in my apartment to drink cheap wine, in my finest of sweatpants and criticize the best in film and television. It was lovely.

As per usual, much happened. Some categories were shockers, some were predictable. Some people looked good, some people looked not good. Ryan Seacrest looked miniature while the Cloonmeister General looked heavenly. Ricky Gervais played it safe and Madonna played it pretentious, if not slightly cunning. Below I have compiled my high and lowlights. I said to Caitlin yesterday, (which she claims is the stupidest thing I’ve ever said to her, I disagree): All I want is to be there and to be on the arm of Leonardo DiCaprio. But I guess writing this will have to be enough, for now.

Best dressed girl: Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci Premiere
Honourable mentions: Viola Davis, she’s no longer the help in Emilio Pucci and Claire Danes in J. Mendel

Best dressed guy: Leonard DiCaprio in Armani
Honourable mentions: Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ewan MacGregor

Most endearing: Melissa McCarthy blushing as the audience chuckled at the Bridesmaids package, shedding a tear for Octavia Spencer and looking adorable with her husband on the red carpet.


Sexiest Couple: Out of left field, Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan. Yeah, Brad and Angie are obviously always bringing the sexy, but for some reason we weren’t looking at them. I also enjoyed Octavia Spencer’s reaction to Channing coming out on stage, priceless.


Best moment: When Christopher Plummer said, “Thank you to my wife, Elaine, whose bravery and beauty haunts me still.” Captain Von Trapp, you had me at hello.

Table I wanted to be at: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Will Arnett and Co. I died when Tina made her way into the shot as Amy’s nomination was announced. Can we all be best friends?

Worst Dressed Girl: Zooey Deschanel. We say this with heavy hearts.
Dishonourable mentions: Sarah Michelle Gellar in Monique Lhuillier and Lea Michele in Marchesa

Worst Guy: Rob Lowe. I credit this observation to my viewing companion Kelly, who as Mr. Lowe exited his car, turned to me and said: “and its Rob Lowe looking like he's coming hot off a bender.”


Most annoying: Jessica Biel. Sharing a chair with Selma Hayek, playing peek-a-boo with Julianne Moore and wearing what appeared to be a previously owned Victorian wedding gown. The only worthwhile Biel sightings are those involving Justin, but he was MIA, why was she even there?


Worst Couple: Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. Thanks for not coming, and after we dedicated an entire week and blog post to speculating what you might wear and if you would or wouldn’t show up together. Thanks a lot. (For obvious reasons, these two are not pictured.)

Awkward Moment: Seth Rogen called out the weirdness of Michelle Williams being nominated in a comedy and made an uncomfortable erection joke; Kate Beckinsale did look hot though so kudos.

Table I didn’t want to be at: Paula Pattons. Over the top doesn’t begin to describe her last night, what was that!? It was fake, unnecessary and I’m pretty sure at one point I heard her whoop from her seat.


Goldenly yours,
Lauren

1 comment :

  1. A fabulous post, by my fabulous Golden Globe-viewing companion.
    It's officially a horse race between Paula Patton and Elisabeth Hasselback for most annoying celebrity personality.
    Continue to great writing ladies, I have been spreading the word about your fabulous blog!

    Kelly.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...