It's been a long old trouble long old troublesome road

Bryan Greenberg, do you remember when you were on One Tree Hill? Remember when you played Jake Jagielski, the unassuming teenage father playing guitar and romancing the ladies of Tree Hill? Remember when you and Peyton kidnapped that baby!? I do.

Bryan Greenberg, do you remember when you were in the Perfect Score, when you and Scarlett Johansson tried to steal that pesky SAT test, causing adolescent mayhem in the process? I do.

Bryan Greenberg, do you remember when you were in the show about the guy who returned to his hometown to apologize to Laura Pepron or something. I nearly do.

But I always remembered you. Thought you had such potential, always wanted to be attracted to you. The thought lingered in my mind, but I couldn’t commit. I’m not easily wooed; I need to appreciate your talent before your above average looks.

But Bryan Greenberg, do you remember when I realized you could sing more than just lullaby’s to your fictional daughter? Do you remember when How to Make It in America premiered and you instantly had my heart?  Of course you do, it was the day you finally, out of nowhere, won me over. You showed me not only your talent, but also ability to make good choices. The show’s distinct humor, style and grit speak for itself. But you and it floated in and out of my life in eight quick episodes.

Recently, I experienced a hard time. I can’t afford HBO, (an ongoing hassle). On top of that, my washing machine broke, my stove stopped working, all the lights in my apartment suddenly needed new bulbs and my beloved computer fried. Quelle dommage.

I was at a loss; these disasters coincided with the premiere of your new season. I heard good things, people astonished I hadn’t seen it, and I couldn’t join in. I purchased a new computer recently, (shout out to Caitlin for helping me discover the joys of a brand new MacBook Pro) and the first night I watched the start of Season 2 and didn’t stop.

You’re looking good; I laughed when (spoiler alert!) Ben experienced the Neanderthal high, I’m hot for the extramarital affair, you tugged at my heartstrings when Ben and Cam fought over the rights to Crisp. You were there for me, and pulled me out of what seemed like a dimly lit, appliance-less depression. I’m in, it's on.

So much so, a close friend met you at a party recently. I have yet to bring myself to talk to him about it, I’m so jealous.

Tentatively yours,

Lauren

PS. Listen to Bryan Greenberg’s music, its good. You Can Run ft. Caitlin’s boi, Kid Cudi is particularly enjoyable.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...